Solfeggio frequencies refer to specific tones of sound that are believed to have various psychological and physical healing properties. The concept is based on an ancient six-tone scale thought to have been used in sacred music, including the Gregorian chants.
The scale is said to have been “lost” and rediscovered in the 1970’s. Traditionally, it includes the following six frequencies, each associated with a specific color and chakra, and each said to have specific physical or spiritual healing properties:
- 396 Hz – Liberating Guilt and Fear
- 417 Hz – Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change
- 528 Hz – Transformation and Miracles (DNA Repair)
- 639 Hz – Connecting/Relationships
- 741 Hz – Awakening Intuition
- 852 Hz – Returning to Spiritual Order
In the 1970’s more research was done on the Solfeggio Frequencies by Dr. Joseph Puleo. He discovered 3 more Solfeggio Frequencies with significance:
- 174 Hz – Reduce Stress and Ease Pain
- 285 Hz: – Healing Tissue and Organs
- 963 Hz: – Connects to Higher Self
The concept of Solfeggio frequencies and their healing potential has been popular in certain circles, particularly those interested in sound therapy, meditation, and alternative health.